Kombucha, a fermented tea drink, has been growing in popularity in recent years due to its many health benefits. But did you know that you can also use hard kombucha in cooking? Hard kombucha is fermented longer than regular kombucha, resulting in a higher alcohol content. This makes it an interesting ingredient to use in cooking, especially in savory dishes like pasta sauces.
In this article, we will share our recipe for a creamy pasta sauce made with hard kombucha. This dish is easy to make and is perfect for a cozy night in. So, let’s get started!
- 2 cups of cooked pasta
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of hard kombucha (we recommend using a fruity flavor like SAVG LYF’s Strawberry and Mango)
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, hard kombucha, and Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cream mixture to the pan and stir until it starts to simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss until it’s coated in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta hot, garnished with fresh parsley, if desired.
And that’s it! Your creamy pasta sauce made with hard kombucha is ready to be enjoyed.
The fruity flavor of the hard kombucha adds a unique and delicious twist to the classic pasta sauce. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in with friends or family. So, give it a try and let us know how you like it!